Wednesday, March 14, 2018

{Altenew Video} March 2018 Inspiration Challenge featuring Build-A-Flower: Sakura Blossom

 

I needed to make a couple of sympathy cards and I thought that the colours from Altenew's March 2018 Inspiration Challenge would be a great place to start. When I was asked to feature the Build-A-Flower: Sakura Blossom at release time, I wanted to share a video tutorial but I didn't have time so I thought this would be a great opportunity to share how easy it is to create these beautiful 3D flowers.




Since I go into detail on video about how these cards were made, I won't write too much about it. The ink colours that I thought matched perfectly with the challenge colours are Caramel Toffee, Coral Berry and Dusk. I chose the remaining shades based on the sets those colours belonged to.


I used pearlescent embossing paste and sparkle embossing powder with the Watercolor Stripes Stencil. On both of these cards, I also used sentiments from Thinking of You


I used white glitter dots in the centres of the flowers on the first card to match the embossing paste. Enamel dots in coordinating colours were added to the second card since it was a more clean and simple design.


Altenew's March 2018 Inspiration Challenge runs for the duration of the month - and there's a new challenge every month - so be sure to play along! You can enter as many times as you like. Four lucky winners will receive a $30 gift certificate to the Altenew store.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

SaveSave

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

These are beautiful, Emily! These flowers are gorgeous with their colours and dimension.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely delightful, Emily! Love your use of colors and stamps! Thanks so much for playing Altenew March Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

Nina Stallman said...

This is totally fabulous! Kinda need this stamp and die set now. lol.

Anonymous said...

Look at that stunner! That is amazing! Thanks for playing along in this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge!