Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thinking of You

The Hero Arts June Contest includes the Thinking of You theme and my card features that exact sentiment. I've been hoarding a few supplies that friends have sent and I finally used two of them here. To start, I stamped the Newspaper Background on the card base and affixed the aqua label from Angela. Then I attached one of the red paper straws that Jocelyn sent me. (Thanks, gals!) I stamped the open flag from Hooray on two patterns from Basic Grey's What's Up collection and attached those to the straw. Next, I stamped the sentiment from Year Round Sentiments on two lines and added a small bow. To finish, I cut off the top of the straw at an angle to match the slant of the top flag and rounded the bottom right corner of the card.

Thank you for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sources: SU Sahara Sand cardstock; Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist cardstock; Basic Grey What's Up paper pad; Hero Arts Newspaper Background, Hooray & Year Round Sentiments; Hero Arts Wet Cement shadow ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 4 die; Kikkerland red paper straw; Ribbon Carousel eggshell vintage seam binding; Uniball Signo white gel pen; We R Memory Keepers corner chomper

33 comments:

Cornelie said...

I really love this one!!

Karina Beck said...

Gorgeous card!

Isha Gupta said...

Love this card Emily. Its just so Gorgeous.

joy said...

Cute, cute card! A winner in my book!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This looks great, Emily! Love the patterns on the card and gorgeous banners! Makes me happy!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jessi Fogan said...

That straw is too cool! Love it :) I'm waiting for my own What's Up pad & can't wait patiently...:)

Lynn said...

This is so, so cute! Love it!!!

Tracey said...

This is so fabulous Emily!! I love it!!

Glenda J said...

Ok, just have to giggle a bit first and you know why...
Love your creativity on this fabulous card. Great combination of colours and patterns. Brilliant!

Laurie said...

Too cute!! Love that straw and the banners!

Dawnll said...

Just love the colors and those banners...such a fun design sweetie

Virginia L. said...

Really neat and fabulous design, Emily! You have used all these elements so beautifully!

Lindsey said...

I like this a lot! I like the edge of text on the label balancing the background. (And faux stitching, too!) The flags are fun and on such gorgeous papers!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cute! Love that straw and the little white bow, and the blue against the gray background. Just so fun!

Mandy said...

love this....the colors are so fun and summery!

Emily Keaton said...

That's an adorable card, Emily. I really like that paper straw flag pole. For some reason, I find straws to be just SO fun!! Love this. :)

missstamper said...

Fabulous!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great card Emily!
You are one creative Mama I tell you!!

~amy~ said...

I love it...such a fun card and design!

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...Love this fun straw and how you added the flags...fun card...

Anita Rex said...

I love it! What a fun card! :> The straw is such a fun addition! :>

Leni said...

Love your fun Card!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun, clever card! Love that straw!

Pryn said...

Fabulous card! So unique and inventive! It completely ROCKS!

Sue McRae said...

This is such a fun design!

Carol McCready said...

What a great fun card!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so cute and creative Emily! I love the little banners/flags on the straw! Everything looks great! Have a nice day :)

Jingle said...

Gorgeous! I have been wanting to buy some straws and now I want them even more! Love it!

Karen B. said...

So cute, what a great use of the bright, fun straw!

MarcyK924 said...

What a fun card, Em! Love the colors on that bg! Perfect for the challenge! Hugs!

kasia c. said...

Oh Emily this is so much fun. :)
I love the straw and those lovely pieced flags.
I hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Kasia

Helle said...

this card is so cute!! love the colors and the straw!

Lisa Arana said...

me likey a LOT!