Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merriest Wishes Recycled Tag Set

Someone stop me! I seriously cannot stop making card sets. Thanks to the Hero Arts December Contest, I've discovered a new addiction. As if I needed a new addiction in card making. LOL I have sent out most of my holiday cards and I'm proud that I even sent out a lot of my favourites. I've made so many and since I didn't send out many last year, I wanted everyone to enjoy them this year. This set of tags was still sitting on my desk and I realized I had no one to give them to, nor did I ever think I would use them so I decided to turn them into cards! I needed a few extra cards so they came in handy.

The sentiments featured on the tags are from the Hero Arts clear set Very Merry Christmas. I snipped the twine off the tags and replaced it with natural burlap string. Then I stamped the Dash Pattern directly on to the card bases and sponged the edges with distress ink. I've owned this houndstooth background for a while now and I've been desperate to use it so I'm happy I finally found a reason to. I can't wait 'til my order of chalk inks arrive so I can play around with it more.

I'm still not happy with my photography for groups of cards. I wish I had a huge studio with a backdrop and big lights just for that purpose. Yes, I wish. LOL Well, back to holiday preparations. I hope yours are going well!

Sources: SU Natural White cardstock; Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft cardstock; Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas & Dash Pattern; Memories Black ink; Tim Holtz for Ranger Antique Linen & Walnut Stain distress inks; Clearsnap SmoochSpritz in Gold Glow & Holly Berries; Clearsnap Funky Forest Design Adhesives; Clearsnap Irish Eyes Designer Foils; Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #3 die; May Arts natural burlap string; foam tape

20 comments:

Cornelie said...

And the winner is!!! What a great cards again, wauw!
Bye Cornelie

Isha Gupta said...

Yet another wonderful set Emily. Love it.

Lynn said...

Love the tags on the card...and I need to get moving on some card sets! Thanks for the motivation!

Karin said...

I did the same thing last year. I made 4 tags, but when I needed some last minute cards, I slapped those babies right on the front...lol! These look wonderful and I love the look of the ink spatter. If I don't make it back here before the holiday, hope your's is the merriest :)

Annette Allen said...

Great way to recycle your tags..they look amazing on a card..I so love your ideas...can't wait to see what you come up with next...

Creations by Shirl said...

pretty tags Emily!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, these are so sweet, Emily! I love that you were able to turn some unneeded tags into a set of cards. Your tags look terrific against the houndstooth background!!

Anni said...

I love this card set! So I am not stopping you from making them! I´d like to see more! :)

Lindsey said...

What a brilliant way to repurpose these tags, Em!

Jessi Fogan said...

Photographing groups of cards is just a big challenge - hard to do them all justice!
I love how these tags look against the houndstooth - looks awesome! - and the natural jute was definitely the way to go :)

Jenny said...

Hi Emily, I've been admiring all your card sets, you certainly seem to be a dab hand at producing them so neatly :)
Loved your Paper Smooches Sparks challenge card too :) I think I went MIA just as you hopped back into blogland...great to catch up!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas in your new home and Best wishes for the New Year too :)
Jenny x

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful set of cards--love those foil trees! I just wanted to pop over and wish you congrats on being chosen for the PS design team! Perfect fit, and I know Kim is thrilled to have you on board!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Beebeebabs said...

Thank you and love your card you did a nice job and wish you and your family a Happy Holiday Season!!!

Karen Day said...

Wonderful card set! Congratulations on being the new Paper Smooches Designer - well deserved :o)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emily! I love them!!
Huge congrats on DT for Paper Smooches! I love their stamps.
Sarah

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL tag cards!! LOVE the distressing and that misting--plus the shimmer embossing! LOOOOOOVE!

farmhouse-story said...

such cute tag cards, emily! love the hounds tooth bkgd, too!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card set emily, I love the embossed shimmer and the kraft tags, and I just love the Houndstooth patterned background.

Meg said...

What a great set and a great way to use up those tags!

Anonymous said...

Crazy amazing and beautiful. Love that you re-purposed those tags.