Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let's Hang Out

Not only do I make Christmas cards at this time of year, I also make New Year's and friendship cards. There are always friends that I haven't seen in ages and would love to get together with in the New Year so I sent them a card like this one which features Paper Smooches stamps. The sentiment and branches are from Hang Ups and the owl is from My Peeps. I love how the lines are so clean yet there are so many details and you can colour this cutie or paper piece him/her in so many different colour combinations. And I've used the word 'so' three times in that sentence. LOL I hand-cut a parallelogram shape for the base of the swing and hung it from the branches with burlap string. The branches are only adhered to the card at the outermost ends.

I just wanted to remind you all that there is a holiday-themed Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge going on and you have exactly one more week left to play in this round. Click HERE for all the details! :)

Only four more sleeps 'til Christmas Day and our first couple of guests arrive this afternoon from Denver! Eeek! I'm not sure how much crafting or blogging I'll get to do 'til after Boxing Day so I want to wish you all a very happy Christmas with family and friends. I have received cards and generous gifts from several of you so I also wanted to express my happiness and gratitude. I am one lucky gal!!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft & White cardstock; SU Pool Party cardstock; AC textured brown cardstock; Paper Smooches Hang Ups & My Peeps; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Tim Holtz for Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink; Copics; May Arts natural burlap string; SU paper piercer; foam tape

27 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is AWESOME!

Jennifer said...

This is super CUTE, Emily!!! Love that cute image and awesome swing!!! (=

walchowDesign said...

You are always making the most adorable cards, Emily! Have fun with your guests and I am flying off to my hometown in two days'time! Have a Happy Holidays ãnd see you in blogland in 2012!

Lynn said...

So sweet and what a great way to reach out to friends! Love that you cut out a parallelogram..just talking with Jonathon about them for math :)!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Soooo cute! Love how you turned that owl into a parrot! Or, at least, I thought it was an owl, maybe it was a parrot after all, ha ha! Well, many ways to go with these fun stamps!! Love your card!! The swing is awesome!!!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful time! Enjoy, dear Emily!!
Hugs, Wendy

Glenda J said...

Ack! I LOVE this cute & colourful little bird. And the swing? Brilliant!

~amy~ said...

sooooo cute Emily!

Karen B. said...

Super cute details!

Emily Keaton said...

So clever, Emily! I love that swing. Have fun with your company!!

Annette Allen said...

you are just to clever..you totally inspire me..

Lisa said...

CAS perfection Emily! Love how you colored the owl- he does make a cute chubby parrot :) LOL
Enjoy your holiday with family and friends!

Cornelie said...

Really GREAT....again!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Emily, now that is one cute owl...
TFS - you are so amazing....
Have a great day!

Jingle said...

Holy Adorable, Batman! I love this!

Stephanie said...

What a cute, cute card! I was just catching up on blog reading & saw you've been added to the Paper Smooches team! Congrats!! I love how you use their stamps & can't wait to see what you make next :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute card, Em!!! LOVE the idea of the swing--you AMAZE me!!!

Karen said...

The card is adorable, makes me smile. I hope your Christmas is full of memorable times.

Angela said...

I'm finally, FINALLY caught up with my three favorite bloggers' posts -- and I saved the most prolific for last! Every one of your holiday cards made me smile...and most of them made me want to run out and increase my holiday stamp stash beyond its already immense proportions ;)

Your sets, your commission, your dt cards, your encouragement card for the Mr. -- all fabulous!!

Mandy said...

i just love owls! super cute card!!!

Sue McRae said...

What a clever design with the two branches, very fun!

Susan said...

This is so clever Emily! I love how your mind works... WOW!
Susan

Jessi Fogan said...

Merry merry Christmas, Emily!
I'm about to begin on some New Year's cards, which is a first for me I think :)
I love the concept of this card - and what a great owl! Love his rainbow colours, and the swing...awesome :)
As for the word 'so', apparently my words are 'awesome' and "and". Oh well.

Pauline said...

A fab card Emily, love his colourful feathers!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Shauna K said...

and this is just SO cute, hehe ;) seriously, this is too cute for words! love the 3D hanging feature with the twine! have a super merry Christmas, Emily!!!

Anonymous said...

Eeeek, you knock my socks off girl! Super amazing.

Lindsey said...

Absolutely cute, Em! I love the swing you created for this little guy/girl. :)

Unknown said...

Wow simple and cute! Great job. I like your blog. Every thing is looking awesome! I send you a hug and thank you very much!

inverted paint