Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Oct 21st Digi Release!

"Awww..." That's what I said when I first laid eyes on these adorable skating digis from Pink Cat Studio! Skating is one of the most favourite winter pastimes and I'm glad that Melissa decided to draw all sorts of skating cuties for today's release. These digis inspired me to use some cute designer paper from last year's Christmas stash.

First I coloured in the Polar Bear Ice Skating. Isn't he the cutest mitten-wearing polar bear you've ever seen? Okay, maybe he can compete with the other polar bear images Melissa created last year but this one has a big personality!

I chose the most vibrant papers based on the fact that the bear is mostly white and then I used colours that matched the papers to colour in his scarf, mittens and skates.

Next I coloured in Lily Ice Skating after choosing three other matchy-matchy papers. I left Lily's coat white to offset the brilliance of the papers and to allow her to stand out as well.

I used the same layout for both cards which were cut to 3.75" wide. The images overhang exactly 0.5" to complete a standard 4.25" wide card. Don't they look cute together? :)

As always, thank you for joining me to celebrate another Pink Cat Studio digi release! I hope that you're feeling in the mood to start skating... I mean creating. ;) Have a most wonderful day!

Sources: SU Kraft cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly papers; Pink Cat Studio Polar Bear Ice Skating; Pink Cat Studio Lily Ice Skating; Sunshine Designs CRSW004CU(lg); Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

Lana Clarke said...

Hi Amy!
I just adore these two cuties and you have totally inspired me to go and purchase these.
I'll be back to visit again
Lana x

Janna Werner said...

These are cool. like the turqouise colouring of the girl´s hat a lot.

Janna

Alice said...

LOVE the oversized characters. lovely cards!

wendyp said...

Awww! Those are super cute! Love that polar bear!

Karen B. said...

Super cute creations, love the colors. Reminds me of little girl leggings I saw in the store the other day and just marveled at how cute they were and the colors that could be used together!

Cookie said...

Emily! These are PRECIOUS!! LOVE the colors and your signature cut out image over the kraft! I LOVE THEM!

Cookie said...

P.S. Wow I wish I could color and cut as perfect as you!

Barbara said...

These are just darling! I am in love with your colouring and the clean design!

Angela said...

Look at you, rocking that DP and all! Super-cute images, great coloring...both cards are winners!

Lindsey said...

This is one cute stamp set! I love these two cards you designed with them... and may just, um, borrow the idea of using varied dps as bg layers. And your colouring, of course, is awesome. :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

This pair is so fantastic between your dp choice and phenomenal shading with the kraft you can't go wrong! Beth

Lynne Phelps said...

Awesome, these are so cute! Love the way you cut them out over the DP!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGosh! How darling are these digis? I LOVE what you did with them! Your cards are just fabulous! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous! I love the bright colours against the Kraft card stock and then the predominantly white images really pop against the papers.