Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Father's Day²

It's Friday! Hip Hip Hooray!! Thanks to everyone for sending their sleep fairies! While my son still did not sleep well, I feel more rested myself and that's a good thing. Now, if I can sneak in a nap today I'll be good as new. ;) So on to my card, shall we?

My best friend Elen in Montreal asked me to make two cards for her Dad. He's currently being treated for a rare form of leukemia here in Ontario and she wanted him to have some very special cards for Father's Day and his birthday in July. Elen's Dad lives in Greece for half the year and loves to walk on the beach and swim in the ocean on the island of Rhodes. For her Father's Day card she chose this wedding card as the sample. I used a combination of colours I've never used before and I loved it so much that I decided to make Elen's second card in the same colours. I switched the main elements of the card around a bit by using a different nestie and adding ribbon. Instead of tearing kraft paper for sand, I decided to use the same sand and waves image as in this beach card. Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Sources: Bazzill Basics textured cardstock; SU Naturals Ivory, Certainly Celery & Kraft cardstock; Taylored Expressions Beach Bum; PTI Background Basics: Retro; Verve Dad's Day; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; SU Taken With Teal ink; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon; Forever in Time pop-dots

4 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, I love the unique layout of this card with the window cut out of the top layer! I'm sure your friend will love this--you did a great job making it personalized for her dad. Love the pale green and Caribbean blue paired together.

G Peplow said...

Lovely card, great summery colours, xx

Angela said...

I'm still loving your beach/waves trick with that stamp! This card is so thoughtful and cheery. Great stuff!

Zonahobisaya said...

Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya
Bonus locus : Terbanyak
Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya
Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya
Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya
Bonus locus : Biodata
Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya
Bonus locus : Zonahobisaya