Friday, April 2, 2010

Nautical Wedding

It's an absolutely gorgeous Easter weekend here in Toronto. We skipped spring and went straight to summer! A friend of ours is heading to California next weekend to attend a wedding and he asked me to make a card for them. The last wedding card I made for this friend had the bride and groom's names on it but I didn't customize this one the same way. Two things he threw out as suggestions were palm trees and a race car. I immediately nixed the idea of a race car. For one, I'd have to have a friend draw it and, secondly, I thought it would be tacky for a wedding card. :Þ I've had my Beach Bum set for a while now and wanted to ink it up so I knew that the palm trees would be perfect. To keep it classic I simply paper pieced everything and, with some inspiration from Maile Belles' creations, created a little window to show off the romantic nighttime beach scene and allow the gorgeous sentiment from Wishing You to stand out as well. Hope you like it!

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; SU Kraft cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Taylored Expressions Beach Bum; Verve Wishing You; SU Brilliant Blue & Garden Green inks; QuicKutz Epic Six; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large; SU Tearing Edge; dimension squares

4 comments:

Maile Belles said...

Emily this is a fantastic wedding card! What a fun idea to create a beach scene behind the window!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love the layout you used for these images....kinda like looking out of the port hole of a cruise ship at an island you are passing. Cool!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh what a FUN card.

Unknown said...

WOWZA Emily! This is so clean and simple, yet makes a big WOW! Gorgeous.