Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PCS Digi Stamps Launch #2 - "Witch Crossing"

Ever since I made this card here, I wondered when I would use the Q-tip trick again and here it is! I was reading a huge list of Halloween greetings online and when I saw "Caution: Witch Crossing" I knew what I was going to do with this image. I think I had a smile on my face the entire time I was making this card. I just couldn't wait to finish it!

Since the sign was going to be the focus, I kept the main image simple. I sparingly used my Atyou Spica glitter pen on the frog's eyes, the band on Itty Bitty Betty's hat, her broom stick, shoes, the inside of the pumpkin and the pumpkin face. Then I added the scary fence leaving an opening for Itty Bitty Betty to pass through. I coloured a Q-tip with a big silver Sharpie and cut off the ends. Once the crystal effects on the sign dried, I cut it out and plopped it on the card with dimension squares.

I love how simple this design is but still packs a punch with all the little details. The witch crossing sign also shows the versatility of using digital images. My husband couldn't stop laughing when he came home and saw this card. He said it could be the silliest thing I've ever made... next to our son, of course. :D

If you'd like to purchase the PCS Itty Bitty Betty Witch Costume digital image, please CLICK HERE!

Sources: SU textured going gray cardstock; SU textured black cardstock; Q-Print smooth white cardstock; Little Yellow Bicycle Frightful Collection Candy Dots dp; Pink Cat Studio 'Itty Bitty Betty Witch Costume'; Copics; Atyou Spica glitter pen; Martha Stewart Holidays scary fence edge punch; Q-tip; silver Sharpie marker; SU Crystal Effects; dimension squares

3 comments:

Lauretta See said...

so cute.. i love your idea.. hehehe :)

Mariska said...

This card is sooooooo perfect! What a great idea to print the image smaller for a warning sign and that chrystal layer on top of the sign is fantastic, I can never get it to be that smooth on large surfaces. Love the idea and the way you gave it life!

xxx
Mariska

Donna Baker said...

so adorable! I LOVE the xing sign all shiny-
cute idea