Friday, July 31, 2009

My First Blog Award!

It's been a very busy couple of days. I know, I keep saying that but it's true! I've been trying my best to make a card but I haven't found the time. I also had a little kitchen accident a couple days ago and cut half the nail off my left index finger. I know, so gross and painful that it's been difficult to do much without full use of that finger. Luckily the weather's been gorgeous so I've gone out to meet friends for lunch and organized playdates for my little guy.

No matter, I'm determined to make a card or two this long weekend (Civic Holiday) even though I have a ton of things scheduled! We have to get a new car seat for the baby, I have a massage and we're meeting friends for brunch. It's going to be so much fun! Then I have to decide if I want to purchase the QuicKutz Epic Six! Do you have this or have you used it and what do you think of it? This is a big decision because if I take this step to die cutting I'm going to be buying a whole lot of die cuts especially nesties. Uh-oh... :D

But...wait...look what I found in my inbox this morning before 8:00 a.m.! Yup, my days start at 6:00 a.m. (yikes) and sometimes earlier. I've been trying to catch up on my blog roll this week and I got this beautiful email from Alysabeth Johnston at Layin' Rubber Ink. Alysabeth, you're the best! You made my day and, best of all, it's Friday! I know, I don't work right now but it's nice to have my husband around on the weekends so I always look forward to the end of the week. I haven't been blogging all that long so I'm thrilled this is my very first blog award. I'm still clutching my heart. I know, I'm such a sap. LOL

So now, to pass this award on to five more lovely and creative ladies. It was so hard to choose just five as I've made so many friends in such a short time. In no particular order...

Wendy

Kristina

Michelle B.

Michelle Y.

Jenna

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Emily!!!! You have really made my day! I woke this morning and checked my email to find your SWEET comment. If that wasn't enough to sweeten my day...you have an award for me! I am honored. Thank you so much. I will do what you asked and send it to five of my friend-bloggers. Your the best...BTW, LOVE you blog. You are so creative and inspiring:)

Alysabeth said...

Aren't these things heartwarming:o) I'm so glad I started off your long weekend well. Over in Vancouver were getting ready to hit the campgrounds and do some RV'ing. I'm like you not working but excited to see my husband for the weekend, only problem is they go to fast because we have to much fun! Hope you get as great message:o)

Kristina said...

What a great way to start your day! And thank you so much for passing the great day to me! I feel so honored! I love following your blog as well... Your creations are always so cute and beautiful. Thanks again!

Stamp and Smile said...

This is SO sweet of you Emily!!! I'm very honored to be given this blog award and "Blushing!" All your nice comments warms my heart! I love meeting now friend's in blog land... I'm catching up on comments as you can see I'm a week off! LOL... you have a super weekend coming up and enjoy some stamping time!! Michelle :)

PS- I just posted a few blog awards this past week, but will get this sweet award posted soon! :)