Friday, June 26, 2009

You're a Star

I decided to do something different for a change. I have all this black cardstock lying around and kept starting cards but they never seemed to look right to me. Maybe it was because I kept trying to keep them black, white and grey or silver. I knew I wanted to use my new SU large star punch and started flipping through my mat stacks. When I came across the cherries, I knew it would look great against the black. I cased Heather Nichols' card here but used stars instead of hearts like in Wendy Bond's version here. Both these ladies are incredibly talented and I love all their creations!

I didn't even think about using white thread and headed straight for the red. I love red! I had no idea it was going to be so much fun stitching around that star! My husband was watching me sew and asked me if I was going to stitch the small stars as if that was insane. LOL I said no I think I'll just stitch the large star for my first attempt! I chose a sentiment that would work for any friend and any occasion. It was a great way to break in another of my new Verve sets. Too bad it smudged a tad on the right side. Since the black is textured it was hard to get the ink to adhere smoothly. Finally, I thought the black and red thread on the buttons would be a nice finishing touch.

While I had the punches and sewing machine out, I made two more of these cards in white with different coloured stars. I just haven't quite finished them but once I do they'll be photographed and posted. Stay tuned! :)

Sources: DCWV cardstock; Verve Dare To Be; SU Whisper White pigment ink; SU large star punch; Marvy-Uchida small star punch; Gutermann thread; Celebrate It ribbon; DMC embroidery thread; random buttons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your card rocks girl! And I love red too and that reminds me to change the colour of my threat to something else! Been using white too much! Well done!