Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 22 [SSSC22] - Sweet Treats

It took me a while to come up with something for Karen's sketch this week because it involved a big circle and as you all know by now I don't have any nesties. I know there are so many ways to get around this but I still panicked! After I decided on an image, which is another one of the Pink Cat Studio stamps I won, and found my coasters were all too big, I traced a ribbon spool on the back of the image and cut around it with one of my now rarely-used scissors. I didn't have a swirly stamp but was delighted to find cardstock in my sweet stack that had sparkly swirls on it. How perfect! I am loving the colours on this card and can't believe I even hesitated to give it a go. This card looks so divine I could eat it!

Sources: The Paper Company cottonwood cardstock; DCWV sweet stack; Pink Cat Studio Sweet Treats; Memories Black and Artprint Brown ink; SU Pink Passion ink; Copics; Fiskars Victorian paper edger; McGill circle punches; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon

4 comments:

Valerie said...

hello! thanks for the comment you left on my blog! All of your work is wonderful! lots of inspiration here!
Hugs!

Judy said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! for sure! Makes me want to make a DQ run!! Love the sparkles.

Karen Giron said...

Oooh, that paper IS perfect and I love the cut out circle, very nicely done! Such a cute card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute...yummy!!