Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random Occasion #5

I have a tendency to overthink my cards when I make them. This means it takes forever for me to make my cards when it shouldn't. Then my creativity gets stalled and my card sits half done for hours or days. Today I decided to make this card without putting too much thought into it. A couple we're very close to is dealing with a dying dog plus a family member's divorce so I decided to make them a card even though, again, today was supposed to be a rest day. I decided to go with the first colour scheme that popped into my head and slapped all the pieces together. Pink and teal are so pretty together, especially on a rainy day like today. First I created the background by colouring in random circles with my Copics. To create a focal point, I used my much-loved daisy punch and now I'm addicted to putting brads in the centre. The sentiment is a little smudged because it's one of those acrylic stamps that doesn't take ink very well so I had to stamp it three times to make it dark enough. I've recently become a ribbon nut and am trying new things with it. I think the off-centre knots finish the card nicely without making it look too busy.
Sources: DCWV, Halcraft and Staples cardstock; Provo Craft paper; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; Local King Rubber Stamp ripples background stamp; SU! Basic Gray and Taken With Teal inks; Copic markers; SU! brads; McGill circle punches; Carl Craft long reach daisy punch; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon

No comments: