Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby Card #2

I'm an aunt! My niece Madeline was born on Saturday so the first thing I had to do was to create a card for my sister and her husband. It took me forever to decide which stamps and colours to use. The layout was even more difficult because I wanted this to be the best card yet. Finally I decided to use create a 3D bunny using soft pink paper that looked somewhat furry. The whole process took a while since I had to stamp the bunny three times, cut out the ears, bow and arms plus glue the pieces onto cardstock. I thought about using dimension squares but it looked ridiculous so I just glued the pieces straight on to the bunny giving it just enough texture but not too much. I had just bought my first border punch and wanted to use it which I think completes the card perfectly. I really like to personalize my cards whenever possible which is why I waited until they announced the baby's name to finish the card.


Sources: Cartiere Miliani Fabriano cardstock; Provo Craft paper; SU! A New Little Someone; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake; HOTP Plain & Simple ABCs; Memories Artprint Brown ink; Fiskars Threading Water border punch

No comments: